When we are happy with ourselves, we are happier in all areas of life. This is something that I have come to learn on my journey of self development. I really recommend that you try out the things listed below as I know they will have a positive impact on your life.
Here are 10 things that will help you to feel more comfortable with yourself, happier with yourself, more accepting of yourself and more confident in yourself.
- Incorporate something that you love doing into your day, at least for 30 minutes, more if you can manage it. When we do things that we love, it boosts our self esteem, we are usually quite good at the things we love doing.
- Come up with a list of things that you like about yourself and/or things that you have achieved. Write them down in a journal. Keep adding to this list whenever you can. You can include things that happen that make you feel good such as compliments from others.
- Be grateful for the good things that you have in your life, however small. Write them down in a gratitude journal every night before you go to bed. Gratitude is a fantastic attitude to adopt and when you are grateful you are in a very powerful state to attract more good things into your life.
- Spend as much time as you can with people who make you feel good about yourself and who lift you up. Spending time with people who bring you down is not good for you.
- Don’t try to be someone else, strive to become the best version of you possible. Comparing ourselves to others only makes us feel intimidated.
- Say to yourself “All is well with me” and “I love and accept myself”. I have had a lot of success using these statements from Louise Hay.
- We tend to care more about the impression we are making on other people than the one we are making on ourselves. Change this around, make a good impression on yourself, be nice to yourself, look after yourself, stop criticising yourself. The relationship you have with yourself influences all of the relationships in your life.
- Immerse yourself into personal development; read 10 pages of a book, listen to a positive podcast or watch an inspirational YouTube video daily. Put this into your diary so that it doesn’t get forgotten.
- Accept yourself as you are, knowing that you are going to make some positive enhancements. (No amount of self help can make up for a lack of self acceptance – Robert Holden)
- Stop and appreciate the moment at least once every day. Slow down, sit in silence without any mobile devices and just be still for a while. Watch and listen to what is going on around you. Take it all in, you will feel relaxed and refreshed.
I love this quote by Taylor Swift…...”Confidence and happiness are the prettiest things you can wear”
I hope this helps you.
See you soon
By the way, I still have places available for my event in July, Success Formula For Shy People
At the moment there is 20% off the ticket price. If you are interested in attending, click here for more details and to book your place.