At times, being an entrepreneur can be so challenging. It can be a rollercoaster of a journey. Things can be going along swimmingly one moment and then we can experience major bumps in the road. Every entrepreneur goes through this, but sometimes it can feel like we are the only ones, and that we are alone on our journey. Also, when you are shy, you are less likely to ask for help.
From experience, it is in these times that we most need to take a step back, get clear in our heads and focus on what we do have, what we are grateful for and think positively about our next move. However, it is when we are experiencing these challenging times that we probably feel least like doing this. Our minds are full of panic, confusion and negative thoughts, we can’t think straight and we feel like we don’t have time to sit and compose our thoughts and be grateful.
The truth is, the feelings of frustration, panic and negativity are just making the situation worse, and if you can just learn to recognise them and stop them in their tracks, you will see positive things starting to happen again.
When you can learn to notice your thoughts and feelings, you can step in and change the pattern. It will take time, but you will learn how to do it with practice. You can use reminders at first to help you. I love this quote……
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
I heard someone say this when I first started out in my business, and I always refer to it when I need it.
What I have found works for me when I am faced with a challenge or a set back is to take some time, even if it’s just 30 minutes to sit down and really work on my mindset. This is how it usually goes….
1. Go somewhere where I won’t get disturbed.
2. Make sure I have my laptop and my journals to hand.
3. Firstly, add at least 10 things to my gratitude list.
4. Write any new entries on my abundance tracker (good things that have happened or amounts money received – see video to explain here)
5. Read from a book that I know will make me feel fantastic. (the one I quite often refer to is Louise Hay’s ‘The Power is Within You’)
6. Write out my list of goals (what I really want, not what’s realistic – don’t allow the setback to shrink your dreams)
7. Come up with ideas on how to move forward – it’s amazing how they will flow when you are in the zone.
By the end of this exercise, I am usually feeling 100 times better and I know that you will too.
Just remember that it’s normal to experience setbacks, everyone does. If everything in life was easy, we wouldn’t grow and develop.
Remember, shyness is a quality, not a flaw – You can make your dreams happen!
My online course Success Formula For Shy Entrepreneurs is a complete blueprint for achieving success and happiness in your life.
I created it with shy and introverted people in mind.
It is a very simple to follow system and you will see results straight away.
I talk you through 4 easy steps to creating the life that you deserve.
The course consists of videos, PDFs and a workbook.