I have always been a shy person, but even from an early age, I knew that I wanted to achieve something with my life, I had a burning desire to become successful in some way or another. I just didn’t know what it would be or how it would materialise.
Long before I discovered the Law of Attraction, little did I know that it was obviously working for me there and then, because I came across my home based business (Kleeneze) and I began working for myself. I have never looked back. This is where I began to find out about personal improvement and success.
Over the years I have come to realise that there are four key components that are essential for shy people if they wish to achieve their dreams and become successful.
I believe in these components because they have worked for me.
The first one is learning how to develop belief and confidence in yourself and becoming happy in your own skin.
- Learn how to love yourself because, until we are happy with ourselves we cannot be happy with anything else.
- Accept yourself the way you are but know that you are going to make some positive changes
- Stop criticizing yourself and instead, praise yourself often
- Start to feel deserving of the best
- Start to read from self-improvement books or listen to audios and podcasts.
- Begin to step outside of your comfort zone just a little every day.
The second component is to develop some basic communication skills.
- Learn how to become a good listener and how to make conversation.
- Learn how to take an interest in other people.
- Use your body language and your posture to make you a better communicator.
- Learn some simple people skills such as how to make eye contact and how to give and receive compliments.
Thirdly, define what success means to you.
- What do you really want to do?
- When you visualise success, what does it look like for you?
- What interests you and makes you happy?
- What would you do all day even if you weren’t getting paid?
My life began to change when I left my conventional job and started in my own business working from home as a distributor within a network marketing company.
I was really unhappy in my job and when I started working for myself, I wished I had done it long before. Because I was my own boss, I didn’t have to worry about what other people thought of me, or about how well I was performing. It was the perfect situation for me and I started to enjoy going to work because I was working for myself and being recognised for achievements along the way. As I mentioned previously, through this business which I am still running today, I came across my passion for personal development. There is always something new to learn and I really do love learning and applying what I learn to my life.
Finally, learn to create a wealth consciousness and a mindset for success.
- With the right mindset, you can achieve your dreams. You will make the right choices and you will not only take action, but the right action. Opportunities will present themselves and you will lead a happy, fulfilling life.
- Start to think like a successful person thinks, NOW.
- Act as if you are already successful and earning the amount of money that you desire.
- Start to set goals – begin by simply surrounding yourself with pictures of what you want
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. When you are grateful for what you already have, you will attract more of what you want.
I feel that if you can start to work on these four areas, your chances of achieving success will be massively increased. Start your journey today, believe that you can achieve whatever you want and set out to do it. Because why not you, why not now?
I wish you all the best on your success journey.
If you enjoyed this post, why not visit my website www.adeledecaso.com/free-chapter and access your free chapter of my book Shy People Can Be Successful Too!
You will also receive my Top 10 Tips for Shy People.
You can like my Facebook page at Shy People Can Be Successful Too!
Follow me on Twitter Adele de Caso